Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Lots to share :)

I seem to have been inspired to get on with my cards over the last few days :) It's hard to believe that we've almost come to the end of this challenge... (and if you read this Emily) thank you so much for all the inspiration, ideas and creativity!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Week 43: Scary! Over the past few years I've worked really hard to eliminate things that scare me... and being a Mum eliminates and creates lots of scary things in itself... I don't squeal about cockroaches and spiders anymore... unless the kids aren't around! But teenage boys certainly scare me!!! So far we haven't had any 'boyfriends' dropping by... it's the idea of that starting that scares me!!

Week 44: Home. Those that know me know that I LOVE being at home! It's one of my most favourite places in the world. I love being able to do what I want to do around my home and I love that I feel safe and secure :) I love having my things around me and I love that my home is filled with things that mean a lot to me. I also really love that my home reflects my family - especially my relationships with my girls. I also love that my home really does inspire me to be creative!Week 45: Self realisation! Oh my goodness... that is a biggie!! I've realised a lot about myself over the past couple of years like: even though I've resented having to have routines they actually help me feel in control of my life... If I write myself a 'to do' list I really do accomplish what I set out to do... I'm pretty good at home improvements... and I'm learning to be really ok with who I am! The biggest realisation lately is that I have a really great life! I have two amazing daughters, a loving family, a great home, a career I enjoy and life really is pretty fantastic!Week 46: rejuvenation. I love feeling rejuvenated... It makes me feel like I'm full of energy, inspired to create and completely at one with myself :) What I'm learning is that lots of different things create that feeling for me... sometimes it's taking a walk on the beach and being surrounded by nature... sometimes it's chilling out with my girls or playing with my nephew and nieces... sometimes it's reading an inspiring book or watching a really great movie like The Pursuit of Happiness... that movie always makes me feel incredibly grateful for what I have as well as totally moves me to tears! If you haven't seen it I would highly recommend it!!!I'm going to break with the norm a bit here and share a layout with you... and it fits perfectly between Weeks 46 & 47 because it's about the place where I feel happiest and how it helps me to restore myself. Hope you like it!Week 47: my happy place! Of course that has to be the beach! I love walking along the beach and collecting all sorts of different 'treasures'. I'm forever looking down at my feet while I'm on the beach in case something beautiful has been washed up by the waves. I love writing words in the sand and I love that it makes me feel calm, centred, and whole!Week 48: ideas!!! I really enjoyed this prompt... mostly because I love having ideas. I've stopped worrying about whether or not my ideas make sense to other people... and I've stopped being so concerned with whether or not they actually work... these days I'm simply happy to have an idea and see where it leads me. I've learnt the hard way that I get lots of ideas while I'm asleep so now I keep a notebook beside my bed because however much I try I just can't seem to remember those 'unforgetable' ideas in the morning! So that's my update... thanks for visiting and I'd love to hear your comments :) Until next time, happy creating :)

1 comment:

Marjolein said...

Wow..... great catching up, as always, I love your cards!!
And that layout... awesome, love the beach too.... unfortunately we don't have beaches close by as we did in Holland.. but hey, Lake Erie is fine too!