Sunday, January 4, 2009

Week 2: Organisation

Everywhere I turn at the moment people are talking about getting themselves organised. For some it means starting a new 2009 diary and for others it's having a big clean out!

Last year I bought myself a diary and by the middle of January I'd lost it!!! As a result, I missed several birthdays... including Dad's for about the 4th year is a row!!! I also 'remembered' events after they'd happened.

So this year I am determined to keep track of things! We've got a family diary so that I know what the girls are doing... and they know what I'm doing... and I've got a diary of my own as well. I also got a gorgeous calendar from one of my nieces for Christmas with her handprints on it so hopefully we'll know what we're supposed to be doing this year!

I'm also determined to get my craft room organised! I really get frustrated when I can't find things when I need them. How can I own 5 steel rulers and not be able to find even 1 of them???

The worst part about being so disorganised is that I can't even create properly!! I've been doing all of my Scrapfest stuff on the coffee table so that I don't have to be in my craft room!!!

But, sometimes the answers to life's 'problems' come when you least expect them... and the answers to my 'organisational woes' came in the form of a quote on this card:

It was made by Suzy (click HERE to check out her blog). So I'm going to 'create' a new and improved 'Shell'... an organised person who can find her own craft supplies when she needs them... and doesn't forget her fathers' birthday for a 5th year!!The journaling reads: Today while I was on the internet I came across a card that really grabbed me! It wasn't so mch the design... it was the quote... and it's been floating around in my head ever since!

Life isn't about finding yourself.

Life is about creating yourself.

That quote is powerful for me! It gives me the freedom to be who I want to be!

One of the things that I am going to achieve this year is being organised! I've bought myself a diary... one I like... one I will actually USE!

And tomorrow I'm tidying up my craft room! I'm going to really tidy! Not just the "I'd better tidy up because someone is coming" tidy... the "I want to be organised" tidying up!

Someone said to me "you'll change when the pain of not changing gets too much... and you've got a high pain threshold". And he was right!

The pain isn't physical... it's emotional.. and I've reached my threshold! So tomorrow I'm going to tidy!!! Yay me :) This is progress!!!

I actually wrote this last night... and YES I have started tidying up my craft room! It's going to take a while because I want it to be really, really organised... but already it's worth it just to know that I'm doing what I need to do for me to feel good again!

I also decided that I was definitely going to use the very last piece of my 'special' flax paper to decorate the inside front cover of my album... and I'm super happy with it :)

I've decided to add a few quotes to inspire me as well! The one at the bottom of the page is from this weeks prompt... and the one at the top was in the signature line of one of the girls in the forum... thanks Kirstin! It reads:

"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what is going to happen next. Delicious ambiguity..." Gilda Radner

And on that note I'm off to continue organising!! I hope you all have a wonderful week :)

Love Shell xx

3 comments:

Esther said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tricia Williams said...

Whoww - Deep breath...very cool
Shell this is going to be a interesting journey!! Organisation sure is big topic for me, Thinking cap turn on!!

Marjolein said...

I love this Shell, can't wait to see the next page..
Organization.....oh please stop... I can't find half of my stuff in my craftroom, I think I need more closets or whatever... so need to win the lottery!!!