Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Week 4: Friends

Sorry for the very late post! It's been a full-on and FANTASTIC weekend here so I'm a bit late :)

There is a lovely quote I saw recently saying: A friend is one of the nicest things you can have... and one of the best things you can be. So very true!

2009 seems to be steering me towards spending more time with friends... and it's incredibly rewarding! How often have you been invited to do something with friends... bbq's, movies, trips etc and said... "I'd love to but I'm too busy"???? I know that I did it a LOT in 2008 but I've decided that this year I'm going to put 'busyness' aside and actually do some things with my friends because the housework/groceries/lawns etc can still be done tomorrow (maybe lol) but spending time with friends is precious!

This week I really wanted to capture how important my time with friends is to me... so here's my layout:

The journaling reads: I've just had the BEST weekend! After months of planning and organising Scrapfest finally arrived!!! For me, the best part of all was sharing the weekend with friends!

To be able to actually sit and talk... laugh... giggle over silly things... tease... and simply share an experience was FANTASTIC!

Friends make EVERYTHING better! I had more fun this weekend than I've had in a LONG time!... and much LESS sleep!

Friends make the great things feel AWESOME and they make the hard times easier to handle. Sometimes just by talking over a problem with a friend you just don't feel like you're on your own anymore.

So... I've decided to spend more time with friends this year. A lot of the time I let my 'busyness' stop me from sharing time with friends so it's time to put my friendships higher up on my priority list.

And I know I will have a lot more FUN!!!

I hope you get to spend some time with friends this week... either in person, by phone, or email :)

Have a great week and I'll be back on Sunday!

2 comments:

Marjolein said...

What a great page Shell,and so true. I would like to copy that quote if you don't mind?
Friends are really very important, don't have any hear, or at least not scrappin' friends..... boy do I miss that!

Tricia Williams said...

XX Shell