Sunday, March 8, 2009

Week 11: Try Something New

Hi everyone :) I'm a bit more organised this week and have the prompt already to go!

I've been doing a lot of learning lately... and it made me think about trying new things. There are some things in my life that I really like to stay the same... and some things that I don't mind changing or trying out.

Here's my layout:

The journaling reads: I tend to be a 'creature of habit'. For instance, I'll ALWAYS get Butter Chicken when I get Indian Takeaways. My wardrobe ALWAYS has denium and black in it. And I'll ALWAYS prefer eathing chocolate to exercising!!!

But lately I've been learning a lot of NEW things. I've just gotten a SMART BOARD in my classroom... and now I'm learning how to use it! It's a bit mind blowing at times but it's a lot of fun too!

This week I also went to my first night class in a LONG time! I'm learning how to make hand stitched books - something I've been wanting to do for AGES!

The one we're making in class is a cool hardcover notebook. I've learnt more about paper grain, stitching and glue techniques - VERY useful.

I decided to use my book to write all my kit ideas into - instead of having them all on random bits of paper which I lose!

I've found tht trying new things is a LOT of fun... but I'm not giving up on Butter Chicken just yet!

In this weeks class we're learning how to attach all our 'signature' pages into our covers and lining the inside. So by Wednesday night I'll have a finished book. I've really enjoyed making my book and I've already got another two on the go because they really are a lot of fun to make.

So now it's you're turn... are you a creature of habit??? or do you like trying new things???

Have a great week!

No comments: