Sunday, June 14, 2009

Weeks 23, 24 & 25

Can you believe we're almost half way through the year??? Time seems to be rushing by in a hurry... but I do have some more prompts to keep you busy :)

Week 23: Quirks

I've been thinking about the things that make us who we are lately. It seems that we all have quirks... those little things we do that are just a part of us. I was talking recently to a good friend of mine and happened to mentioned one of my quirks and then next thing she's laughing her head off... it seems that I'm a little more 'quirky' than I thought. So here's me prompt page:

The journaling reads: Let's face it... we all have our own little 'quirks'... little things we do that make us who we are.

I have a special fork! After years of stabbing the roof of my mouth every time I had a meal I finally found the perfect fork for ME! I'm not sure where it came from... but I do use it every night! The prongs are shorter than normal and now I can eat my dinner without worrying about hurting myself!

I know that it's a bit unusual... but no more so than stirring coffee a certain way... or putting milk in your milo before adding the hot water.

I have just discovered that something I do throughout winter is considered a bit 'strange'!

Like most people (I think) I don't like getting into a cold bed... but I also don't like electric blankets! But I have the perfect solution for that!!! I use my hair dryer!

I simply warm up the bottom sheet... hop into bed and make a 'tent' out of the blankets and warm the bed up. I works great! Is that quirky???

I'm not holding out a lot of hope that you all do the 'tent' thing with your hair dryers... but if you do then PLEASE leave me a comment so that I don't feel like I'm the ONLY one who does this! LOL

Week 24: When you're ready

Have you ever just known that you weren't ready for something??? I've had that feeling lots of times... maybe it's about making a change in your life that you actually want to make but you're just not actually 'ready' for. That leads me into my page:

The journaling reads: You know how sometimes you know you're not ready for something... and then one day, all of a sudden, you're kind of ready?

After the break up of my last relationship I got really badly hurt and I buried myself in work and projects for a LONG time. I knew that I really needed time to heal.

Around Christmas time a good friend of mine asked how my 'love life' was... my answer? Non-existent! And I was very happy about that! I knew inside that I wasn't ready to take a step in that direction.

Just recently things in that area have started to change.

I'm still VERY happy on my own and I have a great life... but I've met someone who makes me smile again.

Basically I feel like I've got a crush! LOL What I like the most is that it makes me feel really good. I feel like the healing time has really worked and I'm making progress. I feel like I'm in LIKE with someone. It's a nice feeling and well worth enjoying. I'm still not ready but I'm getting there. :)

The part I really like is that nothing actually has to happen! When I see him I get those little butterflies that we all experienced as teenagers... I'm smiling a lot more... and I even blushed when we talked on the phone today. Whatever happens I know that it's a sign that I'm well on the mend :)

Week 25: Just say Yes!

Are you a homebody who never wants to go out of your comfort zone? Have you been 'stuck in a rut' for a while? Sometimes it's nice to just have a change of routine... that happened for me on Friday and I wanted to document it just to remind myself. Here's my page:

The journaling reads: How often do you actually say 'Yes' when friends invite you out?

I have become a bit 'stuck at home' in the last few years! I used to go out with my friends on quite a regular basis... but these days it's a different story!

A good night (including Friday's and Saturday's) was scrapping in my craft room or an early night with a good book... and I still love doing those things!

But on Friday after work a couple of the teachers invited me out. I was going to say 'No thanks' out of habit but at the last minute I said 'Yes'... and I'm so pleased I did!

We all met up at the R.S.A. for a few drinks together and had a really great night!

We talked, laughed, caught up on the gossip and relaxed!

It reminded me of how much fun it is to simply go out... to get out of the house for a change. I'm definitely going to say 'Yes!' again :)

I really did enjoy myself on Friday night... and it was pretty good value too! Plus I was home just before midnight and had a great nights sleep because I was so relaxed (and the brandy probably didn't hurt either!) I've also achieved so much more this weekend by simply having a break so it was well worth it!

I hope you all have a wonderful week and I'll try my best to keep up to date next weekend :)

1 comment:

Tricia Williams said...

Shell

Quirks love the hairdyer idea!!
Interesting topic :O) When your ready - Gosh don't you just love those butteflies :O) Good On you for going out Friday!! always good to have girlie time :O) Better get started as Im now 6 prompts behind.