Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Time to update

Well it's been a busy couple of weeks here!! I flew down to Christchurch on Thursday night for SENZ and it was fabulous! I've discovered that I really love flying and definitely want to travel more in the future!

I had a great 4 days away but I've been really, really tired since I got back so I only have three cards to share this time. Hopefully my energy will return over the weekend and I can get some more creating done... got HEAPS of ideas just need the time and energy to get them done LOL

Week 29: define perfection! I often tell my girls that nothing is perfect but actually some things are! Things seem perfect in those moments when your heart just wants to burst with happiness and you can't imagine that life can get any better than it is right at that moment! I often get that feeling when I'm playing with my nieces and nephew or hanging out with my girls. It's hearing 'I love you Mum/Auntie' just because! It's appreciating the end of a fantastic day or sitting by the fire in winter knowing that it's really cold and wet outside but you're snuggled up cozy and warm with the people you care about. And it's the feeling I get when I've finished a scrapbooking project and I'm really pleased with the end result :)
Week 30: count them! (blessings that is). I've been thinking a lot lately about my life and how 'blessed' I am to lead the life I'm living. I remember hearing about having an 'attitude of gratitude' and I think it's one of the most powerful things I do in my day to day life. I have a family who are important to me, creative talents that let me express myself, the ability to achieve my goals and the dream of what could be.Week 31: no regrets. Are there things I wish I hadn't done in my life? Definitely!!! Do I regret them? A few. But mostly I think that the things I've done (good and bad) have helped me to be the person I am today. I'm stronger than I was at 20... I think I'm wiser!... and I'm definitely happier!!! I remember reading Johnathan Livingstone Seagull a few years ago and it was a really powerful book for me at that time. My favourite quote from the book is: "I just want to know what I can do in the air and what I can't, that's all. I just want to know!" I feel like that in my life too... I just want to know what I can do and what I can't... and I love discovering the answers!!!Well that's my update! Just so you know.... I kept my Week 29 prompt (goal of the week) on my desk last week while I was getting ready for SENZ and it really did help me to get myself organised! Have a great week everyone :)

8 comments:

Marjolein said...

As always they are great, I just love the way you most of the times only journal on your cards!!!

Oh..where do you live?? It's already Wednesday in your time zone..... so.... is it Australia??

Unknown said...

Another set of wonderful cards!!

Jen said...

Your cards are always so wonderful. Great job!

cheri said...

Your cards are beautiful and what you say is amazing. I visited Christchurch about 20 years ago and loved the train station, it had wonderful windows!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great stuff

Mrs Frizz said...

Your cards are pretty amazing ... well done you!!!! They rock.

SENZ ... yep, that was pretty amazing as well ... full on!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow so many great and wonderful cards. Nice work!!

Scrapanimal said...

LOvely cards.