Wednesday, October 3, 2007

More Creativity!

I've just had the most brilliant 4 days away camping... actually the weather was shocking (torrential rain, hail and 100km winds!) but it was brilliant for getting away from civilisation for a few days and restoring the batteries so to speak! Here's a few more cards that I've done... hope you like them :)

Week 19: surprise! This was absolutely perfect timing for me. My sister is pregnant with her third baby and I was lucky enough to go to her scan and 'surprise' it's a boy! She's got a son (5) and a daughter (18 months) so it will be lovely to have another little boy in the family... especially since we're a family of three girls and I have two girls and our other sister has a baby girl as well. We need some more boys to balance things out a bit! I also took the opportunity to journal about being an Auntie which is one of my favourite roles in life. I adore being an Auntie!!!

Week 20: change. So many things in life change and over the years I think I've adapted really well to the different stages I've had to go through. One of the biggest changes in my life at the moment is the changing of dreams! For the past 10 years I've been teaching primary students (mostly 8 - 11 year olds) and I used to really love it but for the last couple of years I have felt like I'm simply 'going through the motions' and it's time to make some big changes... as the stamp on the card says: it's the journey not the destination!Week 21: your redeeming qualities/qualities you aspire towards. This prompt really got me thinking! I asked Miss 15 what she saw as my strengths and was quite blown away with her response (have to say it was a real boost to my self esteem!)... and then I thought about what qualities I would like to have... that was a bit easier... my step-dad used to say: Most people show you what not to do and only a few show you what you want to be like. He's quite right too! My sister (Trac) is a really good role model of what I want to be like and I think I've become more like her in the last few years... with some mixed reactions from other people! But I'm definitely becoming more the person that I want to be!Week 22: what would you like to learn? Another thought provoking prompt... there are so many things I'd like to try... just to see if I like them but more than anything I want to learn to take one day at a time... to relax and enjoy the special moments that happen every day and to fully appreciate how wonderful life really is!So that's my update... I've still got a little way to go before I catch up but I'm happy with how it's all going and I'm really enjoying hearing what you all think of my cards. Thank you for your comments because they really do mean a lot to me :)

4 comments:

Marjolein said...

Your cards are just stunning, I love the technique you use; every card the same type of font, not much photo's but more journaling.. Great work, and the card about being an aunt... I so totally know how you feel!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous work, they are brilliant.

Scrapanimal said...

You have make 3 lovely cards.

Unknown said...

Fantastic cards :)