Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Operations 1, 2 & 3

I've made a start to the operations now and I'm loving it! I'm so happy with my journal size... it's A5 size and it gives me just enough room to journal my ideas and add a photo :)

After doing the cover I made an intro page so that at the end of the project I can see what I 'thought' the project would be like... kind of cool to reflect back at the end of projects! So here's my intro page:
Operation 1: Balance - This word has been hovering around in my brain for months... I have a real issue with balance in my life! I often get caught up in one area of my life and neglect other areas so this year I've decided to really USE my diary... and I'm going to plan in some fun times!!! Today was a bit of a fun day... NZ had a national holiday today for Waitangi Day which is a celebration of the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi between the Maori and Europeans... Dave and I spent the afternoon out at Kerosene Creek which is a geothermal creek running through the bush... there's a big pool and a hot water waterfall and we lazed and relaxed in the hot water for ages :)Operation 2: Your Souvenir - this was a really challenging one but in the end I decided that my love of learning (and teaching) was something I'd like to be remembered for. I've been teaching for the past 10 years - mostly in primary schools but also teaching adults in computer studies plus I've done some scrapbook tutoring. I absolutely love learning new things and coming up with new ideas and techniques to try so here's my page:Operation 3: What's Next? - For the past 5 weeks we've been doing some D.I.Y. building a new patio area and it's been lots of hard work!!! You can check out the project here! Now that we've almost finished (hopefully by the weekend!) Krystal keeps asking me: 'What are we going to do next Mum?' so that's the theme of my page:You can probably tell by now that I'm loving 'bling' LOL I've only just started using little rhinestones and I'm loving them!!! Marjolein asked about the flowers I'm using in the last post (about the title page) they're rub-ons... not sure who makes them because a friend sent them to me but they're so cool to use :)

3 comments:

EliseBlaha said...

looks great! glad you are going to join in

Marjolein said...

Wow, Shell...... great pages, love them!!! Good idea about the intro page, I think I'll keep that one in mind!

Thanks for telling about the flowers... rubons.. ok.... need some!!!

Marjolein said...

Hey girl, are you busy with other stuff??? Miss your "operations"!!