Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Operations 4 & 5

I've finally done another couple of Operations... thanks Marjolein I needed the hurry up!!! :)

Our school year in New Zealand started four weeks ago so for the past couple of weeks I've been really busy setting up my classroom, doing planning and getting to know my new students... as well as teaching! Hopefully things will settle down soon and I'll have a bit more time to scrap!

Operation 4: Freeze Time - I'm not sure if you'll be able to read the journaling but part of it says: "Sometimes I feel a bit like Meg Ryan in the movie 'You've got mail'. She says she lead a 'small but valuable life'. My life feels a lot like that too. I don't really think my life is very 'exciting' but a lot of what I do impacts on others... particularly my roles as Mum and school teacher. I chose to 'Freeze Time' for Saturday and keep a note of what I did in the day... and it surprised me!!! I had no idea how many activities I do in a day... it's just my life. Saturday was really cool though because I'm the team captain for our school Walk for Life team. We're raising money for the Cancer Society in our area and each time needs to raise as much as they can... so on Saturday we had a sausage sizzle and we raised $583!!! Go us!!!

Operation 5: The Little Picture - This operation involved picking a 'small part' of our lives and journaling about it. I chose going to the gym for mine so of course had to photograph my gym bag, waterbottle and trainers... I should have made sure my MP3 player was in the photo too but it was charging at the time LOL :) I've been going to the gym for 2 months now and most of the time I really like it. It accounts for only 3 hours of my week but the benefits are huge!!! I'm losing a bit of weight, feeling positive, definitely feeling a bit firmer and more toned and it's helping me to stay focussed through the day. Plus I'm going with Miss 15 so it's a bit of mother/daughter time for us as well :)So that's me for now... I'm going to try and get some more done before I need reminding LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic pages and journaling :)

Marjolein said...

You are so very welcome Shell:-))) And I love them!!! Specially the "little picture"... I guess those 3 hours are worth it, waiting for, and doing something.. Maybe I should try and find myself a gym here, that should get me out of the house as there is no job to do that for me:-( Loosing weight is a good reason.... thanks... I might give it a change!