Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Operation 17

It's been a busy week here but I have managed to keep up :)

Operation 17: Something new - Tell me, what is something new in your life?
You may have actually bought something new. Or maybe you rediscovered something and it feels new to you again. Maybe you made something new that you are enjoying. Think about it. Write about it.

We've had a lot of new things happening around here... Miss Krystal has just started her first part time job - stocktaking for a craft store! She's loving it! She's working full time at the moment while she is on school holidays and everyday she comes home and tells me about all the new products I need to see LOL

I've been playing with some new techniques and styles... and of course I've bought a few new scrapbooking items (as you do) but the major new thing in my life is our new retaining wall!

At the beginning of the year we built a brand new patio area... and it's FANTASTIC! But during the building process the old retaining wall fell down so had to build a new one and last week we finally got it all done. It's a big relief... especially since it's rained almost every day since we did it!!! I took lots of photos so that I can make a mini album but my favourite photo of the project was a random shot of the wall with the shovels in front of it LOL

Click HERE if you want to check out the D.I.Y. (Do It Yourself) project. Have a great week :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great page!!

Mary said...

the spades are a perfect touch for the page - love it! (and I visited your other blog and saw all the photos documenting the wall - wow, I'm impressed with your construction abilities!)

Je@net said...

Great page and I can imagine it's your favourite picture!!
Can't wait to see the minibook you're gonna make!!

EliseBlaha said...

looks good!

scrappy jen d said...

I can imagine how proud you are of the project! The wall looks good! So does the page. Hope you will blog challenge 18 en 19 also very soon!
I am looking forward to them!

Have a nice day,

Scrappy Jen D

Marjolein said...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while! Love this page, I'm going to try and catch up 4 operations this week....wish me luck:-)

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, this is GREAT--both the wall *and* the page--and especially that fabulous photo! love it!