Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week 18: Communication

Yippee!!! I'm actually on time this week LOL

In these days of technology people can pretty much get hold of us wherever we are... sometimes that's a really good thing... and sometimes it's not! Mostly we don't really think about it unless we're somewhere with no cell phone coverage!

I can still remember growing up on the farm and having a 'party line'. You certainly learnt fairly quickly to say NOTHING on the phone that you didn't want the rest of the community knowing about! Then came dial phones... Granny used to 'dial' with a pen so that her finger nails didn't get caught LOL

These days the phones are getting smaller and smaller... but what if you phone stops working??? That happened to me this week and it wasn't a lot of fun!!!

The journaling reads: On Wednesday my phone went on the blink! I could receive calls but couldn't dial out... I could get on the net... but couldn't send a text! After several hours it all came right again... but in the meantime it was a BIG problem!

I hadn't actually realised how much communication I depended on each day. I DO talk on the phone a lot! I like to keep in touch with friends and family. I like to share what's going on, what we're up to and how things are going!

In some ways it was NICE to not have the phone interuptions... I definitely got more done!

But overall... I'd rather be able to communicate... especially with ALL of my family and MOST of my friends live out of town!

I always find that I prefer to catch up via PHONE than via text too! Texting seems too impersonal for me... but it's great for getting funny jokes :)

Thank goodness I have a GREAT phone plan!!!

Having a good phone plan has certainly made life easier too! I know that my phone bill would be HUGE without it!!!

So now it's your turn... do you like 'communicating' regularly?? Are you a 'chatterer'?? Do you prefer texts or talking??

Have a great week everyone :) And if you feel like communicating by leaving me a comment on here I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wELL I prefer communicating, we don't have cell ph coverage here in the whop whops!! After Elaine left last week and I was out on the road this was my text to her; There are sum things a gal just can not do with out:
A computa, a camera a cell fone,
And a ..............
Best friend..
Adding to that when the home phone rings you never know who is at the other end!!! Do you Shell LOl