Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weeks 16 & 17 :)

Time to catch up again :)

Week 16: Time to Play

How often to do 'play' without actually worrying about the results?? How many really cool things have you seen on the net and thought: "I want to try that" but you don't actually get around to it?? If you're anything like me you've probably got a file (or files!) on your computer filled with all those really cool things but you haven't actually done any of them! So now it's time to play!!!
The journaling reads: I've just been re-discovering how important it is to 'play'. Sometimes when I'm browsing on the net or reading scrapping mags I see really cool techniques and ideas... but I don't actually get around to having a go myself.

Last weekend Tricia came over and we set about having a play with paint! It was so neat to actually get messy and just see what effects we could achieve.
Best of all was Tricia's smile after playing with paint and getting the background of her canvas done!

It reminded me that 'playing' is actually an important part of scrapping for me!

It's not really about whether or not it works... it's about trying something new and experimenting.

Sometimes I'll like something so much it becomes the new technique I use on everything! I've just been going through a beeswax phase!! Very cool!

Sometimes it's really nice just to try! So... I'm going to put more play into my scrapping time!

Today I found some watercolour crayons!! I've been looking for some for ages... and today I got some :) So this afternoon I'm going to play without worrying about what I'm creating... just because I'm playing!

Week 17: Relaxation

Let's face it... we live in a fast paced world where we never seem to have time to just sit and relax... or if we do we often feel guilty about it because there's so many 'other' things that we could/should be doing! I think that's part of the problem... we're so busy doing that we aren't really enjoying just being! So that's the focus of this weeks prompt: Relaxation!

The journaling reads: I got myself into a really sorry state a few months back... I had forgotten how to relax!

Plonking yourself down on the sofa at the end of the day feeling exhausted is NOT relaxing! That's what I was doing! I was so tired from doing all the time... but my mind was still running.

Then I was looking at something on the net and it said: "The art of relaxation is in the easing up from effort and attention."

So I began to think back on what I found relaxing. It wasn't relaxation music that's for sure! I've tried that and I always end up simply feeling bored!

I used to be right into aromatherapy. And while I find lavender scented oil very relaxing, most of the time I either don't want a bath or just can't be bothered lighting the oil burner. so what else??

Then it hit me... reading! I love to read but I was reading text books, business guides and technique books!

Now I'm reading other books. Books to relax! Best of all... it helps to get me off to sleep!

If you're looking for a good book then I highly recommend Diana Gabaldon! If you're going to read her books then definitely start with 'Cross Stitch' because it's the first book in the series :) There's a bit of everything in her books... war, family values, Scottish history, humour... and a few of the scenes give Mills & Boon a real run for their money too!!!

Have a good week everyone and make sure you get some 'play' and 'relaxation' into your week :)

No comments: