Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weeks 14 & 15

I'm playing the catch up game again tonight! But it's all in a good cause because I've been busy scrapping all weekend :)
Week 14: R.A.K.'s (Random Acts of Kindness)

We've all seen the movies based on R.A.K.'s... some of us have even won or offered R.A.K.'s on scrapping blogs etc... so what does it mean for you? I've been wanting to do this topic for a while now because it kind of goes with the 'attitude of gratitude' that I've been reading about. Basically it says that if you feel and acknowledge how grateful you are for what you have in your life then more good things will keep happening to you... which leads me into what happened to me recently!
The journaling reads: A couple of weeks ago, one of the teachers at school came to offer me some FREE tickets to go to Circus Aoteoroa. I was blown away because I'd actually thought about taking the girls to see it but decided against it due to the cost!

She also offered tickets to one of my friends, so we thought we'd both go and take our kids.

The next night we all met up... 2 adults and 4 teenagers! The kids were surprisingly excited about the whole thing!

While we were talking we found we had a spare two tickets. We saw a couple waiting to buy their tickets and offered them our spares. They were thrilled because it saved them $60!!!

Later on while we were waiting for the show to start, the couple came up to us with 6 bags of POPCORN! What a nice thing for them to do!

It certainly made me realise that good things DO come to those who do GOOD for others!!!

Sometimes life surprises us with little (and not so little) good things. Things that make us smile and feel good inside. And sometimes we get to do something good for someone else 'just because'. Why not try and make someone else's day this week... you will definitely feel good about yourself :)

Week 15: Mojo

I've been suffering from lack of 'mojo' lately! In fact, I hadn't done a layout since I prepared my layout class for Scrapfest!!! That's not to say that I haven't been 'thinking' about it... just hadn't actually 'done' any!!! The tide was OUT!!! And I was wondering if it was ever coming back... but it HAS and it feels GREAT!!! So here's my layout:The journaling reads: What do you do when the MOJO just isn't flowing? What about when you're just OUT of ideas?

I haven't done a layout since JANUARY! I was getting WORRIED!!! Then I was having a look at one of my paper kits... and I felt an excitement I haven't felt for a long time!

I gathered my supplies together and actually started to SCRAP! Within 24 hours I had one 12 x 12 layout, two 8 x 8 layouts and a completed mini album!

Now the ideas are coming thick and fast!!! I don't really know why... all I know is that it feels FANTASTIC to scrap again!

I don't really know what the mojo actually IS... all I know is that sometimes it's FLOWING and sometimes... there is nothing!!!

One thing I do know is that it ALWAYS comes back! Otherwise I'd never get any scrapping done!

So after a full weekend of scrapping I'm feeling GREAT! Really creative and inspired! It's a happy place to be!

So how's the mojo going for you??? If you're feeling inspired and creative... Great!!! And if not... just remember that it WILL come back!!!

If you'd like to take a look at what I've been scrapping then have a look at my other BLOG... there's lots of eye candy to look at :)

Have a great week :) Shell xx

No comments: