Saturday, September 15, 2007

Loving this challenge

First of all... THANK YOU to all the people who commented on my first post. I've been so inspired and creating that I haven't had a chance to leave you all comments on your blogs but I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all the great feedback!

Here is the next installment on my cards - I'm up to Week 9 now so hopefully I'll catch up relatively quickly.

Week 5: use some ephemera from your week. At first I was going to use stamps and journal about how much I love getting 'happy mail'... things like circle journals, ATC's etc and then the other morning I was putting in my contact lenses and realised that the seal on the pack was the perfect size for my card! Wearing glasses at 9 was so not cool back in the late 70's - Harry Potter hadn't come and waved his wand yet and I can still hear the kids teasing and my teacher (Mr Brown) explain to me why I had to wear them. These days I wear contact lenses which I love!
Week 6: Love, Love, Love! I thought about creating this card about the people I love... but there wasn't the room for that so I did it about what I'm looking for. I'll let the journaling on the card speak for itself.

Week 7: Shoes - there is always a story to tell. I do remember those patent leather black shoes I had when I was a kid. I thought I was so flash in them... and yes, both my girls had them when they were little too! These days I seem to wear either boots in the winter or sandals in the summer... I only ever seem to own a maximum of three pairs of shoes at a time. The shoes I remember coveting the most were 'Treks' back in high school. I SO wanted a pair!!!

Week 8: Who (or what) do you miss? This one was an easy choice... I miss Nana... sometimes a lot! She was my Great-Grandmother and we loved each other to bits! Her hands were quite misshapen from arthritis but I remember thinking she had the most beautiful hands in the world because they were kind hands. She was a very gentle person and she often kept her thoughts to herself but there was a special magic about her. Pink and pale green were her favourite colours :)

Week 9: Inspiration found! Everywhere I look I get inspiration... sometimes it's listening to a song on the radio, other times it might be a conversation. Sometimes it's a photo or piece of paper. Sometimes it's from looking at scrapping magazines or blogs. The other day I noticed the neighbours net curtains and thought they would make a fantastic background paper LOL. This card was a lot of fun and really enjoyed playing with a few of my favourite colours, items and techniques.I hope you enjoy the cards and you can be sure I'll be back later in the week with another installment. Please leave a comment because I do read them all and I really appreciate your thoughts! Happy creating :)

9 comments:

Marjolein said...

Just paying back the visit again, and I so love these cards!! Beautiful pieces of art you've made!! Oh, and you should really try those muffins..... yummie they are!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Absolutely gorgeous work.
I love that heart on the last one, looks almost transparent.

saffiertje said...

Busy you!!!! love your ephemera

Trude Julie said...

What lovely cards you've made :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, i love the heart on the last one and the colours of the others!

Je@net said...

Wow, what a lovely cards!!

Debbie Doughty said...

Checking out your deck of me is like a feast for the inspirational soul!

Anonymous said...

wow you made a lot, they all look great !! good Job !!

Lee Weber said...

wow- you are really rocking!! Nice job on all of them.