Sunday, October 4, 2009

Weeks 31 - 33

As promised I have another update :) I have to admit that it feels pretty good to be catching up again!

Week 31: Explore

This week it's all about looking at things in a new way... whether it means literally exploring is up to you :)

The journaling reads: It's not often in our busy lives that we get a chance to explore things.

When my sister and I went to SENZ in Auckland we took my wee nephew with us and it gave me a chance to explore the world in a different way.

Obviously we went to see new products, get ideas and inspire our creativity. But for my nephew it was simply a day out with Mummy and Auntie!

After the first hour of being stuck in his buggy he was bored... so Auntie decided to take him exploring!

What a laugh! He loved it!!! He wanted to see everything! And best of all... EVERYONE thought he was SUPER cute!

Looking at life from his eyes gave me a different perspective! Everything became more interesting, people more friendly and the event was a lot more fun!

Wide aisles are also great for a wee boy to dance in!

We had a really great time at SENZ... and my wee nephew slept the whole way home!

It was definitely a great day spent in each others' company!

Week 32: Time Limits

Some people hate being late... and for some it's not an issue. This week I learnt a bit about setting time limits!!

The journaling reads: I'm a bit of an eleventh hour girl. I almost always leave things to the very last minute to do!

I've always been that way! But I didn't realise how much it was rubbing off on my girls until recently.

Krystal's senior ball was approaching and she had made up her mind that she didn't want to go. Then on the last day of ticket sales she changed her mind!

We went looking for dresses but didn't find anything she liked... not a major problem because we still had several weeks to prepare.

However, 8 days before the ball we still had nothing!

Finally she found the perfect fabric and pattern and all of a sudden I was on a very tight time frame!!!

In the end she did wear her new dress. But I was still hemming it 30 minutes before she left!

Next
year it will NOT be happening like that!!!

The part that struck me was that it wasn't the time frame that bothered me so much... it was the time frame 'imposed' on me! When I leave things to the last minute I've almost got it planned out in my head... I've walked myself through the steps I need to take etc. But with Krystal's time frame I hadn't had a chance to do all that. I think it might be time to set some NEW time limits :)

Week 33: Copy Cat

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

The journaling reads: What happens when you see a really great idea?

If you're anything like me you give it a go yourself. That's one reason that we have trends! Someone does something new and we all want to give it a go!

There's been lots of times when I've needed a little creative inspiration and I've done a Google search to kick-start an idea.

Last weekend we had a wee example of this exact thing happen in our house!

Miss Kody came to visit while Krystal was getting ready for the ball.

She was all eyes watching her big cousin getting her hair and make-up done with constant cries of "Kody too!"

After Krystal had gone, Miss Kody had full use of the make up! It was all very serious as she put on her blusher!!!

Thankfully make-up comes off in the bath!

The girls used to think it wasn't very fair having no cousins their age... but they both seem to like having the little ones copy them now :)

No comments: