Monday, October 5, 2009

Weeks 34 - 36

I seem to be on a bit of a roll with these prompts so here's three more!

Week 34: Reach your goal

I've always been one to set goals... and usually they're pretty realistic! I haven't reached my goal of winning Lotto yet though LOL This time it's about my BIL and his goal:


The journaling reads: I think it's really important to set goals for myself. Some of my goals are really easy: things like "by the end of this week I want to _ _ _"

Some of my goals are a little more challenging or take a bit more time like: "By the end of this year I want to _ _ _"

Mostly I think goals need to be achievable because if they're not I just end up feeling like a failure.

My brother in law set himself a goal last year to complete the Tough Guy Challenge... and he did it!

This year he 'upped the anti' and set a goal to beat his previous time.

Then he set to work training! He ran daily... sometimes twice a day!

The day of the challenge arrived and he was ready! We all went to support him and he reached his goal! It goes to prove that working towards your goals really pays off!

We were all so proud of him and what he had accomplished! He had a big grin on his face when he finished and it was really good to see my nephews and niece watching their Daddy reach his goal too!

Week 35: Full House!

I've always enjoyed peace and quiet... even when I was younger. I like being sociable and being around other people... but I also like having 'time out' by myself. This week my peace and quiet was shattered by a group of roudy teenagers!The journaling reads: I have a fairly quiet life. After working at school with over 500 people around me all day I need somewhere to come home to and relax!

The girls are generally quiet people too... Mikayla especially!

Recently Krystal asked if she could have a couple of friends over... and I was ok with that.

What I hadn't realised is how BIG teenagers are!

They arrived to watch videos so the first thing they did was close all the curtains! Then they all squeezed onto one sofa!

Out came the food ... and it disappeared pretty quickly too!

When I went into the lounge it was NOISY! They all were talking at the same time! The video was on loud! It felt like they were sucking all the oxygen out of the room!

But... they all had a great time! And today it's quiet.

I must admit that they've come over several more times recently... and it's the same every time... LOUD! But they really do seem to enjoy spending time together... and I think I'm kind of getting used to it now LOL


Week 36: Finishing Touch

This week it's all about those finishing touches that make a project feel really done! The journaling reads: How often do you do a layout or project and feel like it needs that one more thing to be really finished?

When we did the BIG patio project I'd always felt that it needed something! I knew it wasn't pot plants because I'd already tried that.

I decided to wait until the right thing came along... and 18 months later it did!

I was in a pot and cane shop with one of my girlfriends just looking. Then I turned around and there it was!

A fantastic piece of garden wall art!

He was the right size and the perfect colours for my patio area!

I knew I had to buy him!

Mr Pig has now found a new home on the patio fence and everyone that sees him comments on how cool he is! Sometimes it really is worth waiting for the perfect final touch!

Now my patio is 'almost' done because Mr Pig made my old pots look a bit shabby so I've starting re-vamping some old ones... they'll be coming up in another Creating My Life prompt soon!

No comments: